Books For Christmas


My name is Matthew Shelley.

I was born with a hole in my diaphragm. My stomach and intestines were up in my chest cavity, so my lungs could not inflate. I was flown immediately to Primary Children's Hospital. The doctors said I needed surgery and only had a 50 percent chance of surviving.

The great news is I lived, and now thirteen years later, I'm working on my eagle scout rank advancement. Because of my time at Primary Children's Hospital, I'm doing an Eagle Project that would benefit other children that may be staying at the hospital over the holidays.

A few days before Christmas my scout troop and I will wrap and deliver new children's books to Primary Children's Hospital as Christmas presents for the children there.

Remember that Christmas morning excitement of picking up a brightly wrapped present with a glittering green bow. The smell of mom cooking bacon and hotcakes. The joy of siblings laughing as they unwrap their presents. The taste of a peppermint candy cane on your tongue.

Children stuck in the hospital over Christmas may not have a chance to experience the joy of Christmas at home this year. I'd like to give them a least a little taste of the excitement of Christmas morning.

You can help by donating new children's books for us to deliver!

If you have a favorite children's book that you would like to donate. Please send it to me at:

Books for Primary Children's
C/O Matthew Shelley
5461 W. 4605 S.
Salt Lake City, UT 84120

We will be taking donations through December 18th.

Or, you can donate money through paypal that will be used to buy new children's books and wrapping paper to wrap the presents. To donate click on the donate button below. If you have a specific book you would like purchased to give the children, go ahead and put your request in the comments section when you donate.

If you would like a copy of the receipt that shows exactly what was purchased to give to the children, you may also include that in the comments section.


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 4

hello we now have 43 out of 500 items thanks to all the people who are donating things.

No comments:

Post a Comment